Sunday, October 24, 2010

Clam Pasta


This picture is really awful but the pasta was simple to make and delicious to eat. Its a Cooking Light recipe. I did add an extra can of tomatoes, an extra can of clams and cooked more pasta to make sure we had left overs for lunch.

1 9 oz package of linguini (I used 12 ox angel hair)
1 tbs olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1.2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tbs tomato paste (this made the sauce thicker but I would leave it out next time)
1 14.5 oz can of tomatoes with juice (I used two)
2 6.5 oz cans of clams (I used 2 10 oz cans of baby clams)
2 tbs fresh parsley
1 tbs basil
1 tbs oregano

Boil water for the pasta, salt your water and add the pasta. Cook according to the package instructions.

Heat oil. Add red pepper and garlic, sautee for a minute or two. Add tomato paste and tomatoes. Cook for approximately 4 minutes. Add clams and cook until fully heated. Add herbs and cook for one minute more.

I sprinkled pecorino romano over the top and served with nice, warm bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment